Lewis and Clark Regional Water System – Site B Hydrogeologic Testing Program
- BAI Number
- Pre-Bid Meeting Date:
- 10/18/2018 2:00 PM CDT
- Pre-Bid Meeting Location:
- Lewis & Clark Regional Water System Water Treatment Plant, North of Vermillion, SD at 31474 SD Highway 19
- Project Bid Date:
- 10/25/2018 2:00 PM CDT
- Project Bid Location:
- Lewis & Clark Regional Water System, 46986 Monty Street, Tea, SD 57064
- Bid Schedule1
- Unit Price Bid Schedule
- Probable Cost 1
- $125,000 to $150,000
Scope of Work 1
Notice is hereby given that Lewis & Clark Regional Water System of Tea, South Dakota will receive bids for construction of a vertical test well and observation wells at Site B, logging and pump testing. The project is located near State Highway 19 and adjacent to the Missouri River south of Vermillion, South Dakota. Construction of the project will be on lands owned by the South Dakota Department of Game, Fish & Parks. Project scope will include the following:
- Drill seven test holes to bedrock via mud rotary method (a depth of approximately 110 feet).
- Perform and generate geologic logs and electric logs of test holes to describe aquifer quality and determine the presence/absence of clay/clayey layers that could block infiltration.
- Collect formation samples for sieve analysis (for lateral well screen slot size estimates).
- Complete one location as a 12-inch test well capable of 1,000+ gpm.
- Complete six locations as observation wells in a pattern parallel and perpendicular to the Missouri River.
- Install one sand point at edge of the Missouri River.
- Conduct pumping tests and all associated data collection and preparation of a pump test report:
- 6-hour stepped rate test.
- 72-hour constant rate test with recovery.
- Clean up, site restoration and all other miscellaneous work required, not herein mentioned, but inferred from the construction contract documents.
- Appendix A-1 (10/15/2018)
- Appendix A-2 (10/15/2018)
- Pre-Bid Meeting Minutes dated October 18, 2018 (10/23/2018)
- Daniel Graber, HDR Engineering, Inc., (605) 977-7767
- Contact us about this project