Our desire to provide quality engineering, architectural and consulting services began in 1947 when Joseph Banner founded the company with his vast business knowledge and sincere honesty – principles that are still alive today.
Now with over sixty full time employees, Banner remains small enough to give you the one-on-one personal attention you deserve, yet we’re large enough to provide a team of experienced and innovative individuals tailored to meet your specific needs.
- 1947 - Banner Associates, Inc. was first organized by Joseph T. Banner in Laramie, Wyoming under the name of J.T. Banner and Associates, to provide engineering, architectural and consultation services.
- 1953 - J.T. Banner and Associates starts offering consulting engineering services in Brookings, South Dakota.
- 1958 - Banner was incorporated under the Corporation Laws of Wyoming with J.T. Banner serving as the first president.
- 1971 - Joseph Banner passes away unexpectedly (1910-1971).
- 1976 - The corporate name was changed to Banner Associates, Inc.
- 1978 - Banner continued to see growth in their Brookings operation and began planning for a larger facility that would accommodate the expanding staff needs.
- 1980 - Construction of the new office building at 409 22nd Avenue South, Brookings, South Dakota, where we continue to reside, was completed in late December 1979 and officially opened the doors in January of 1980.
- 2002 - Brookings office becomes headquarters for Banner Associates, Inc.
- 2004 - Banner was incorporated in the State of South Dakota.
- 2004 - In February, a satellite office was established in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
- 2004 - In August our presence was re-established in Rapid City, South Dakota with the opening of our third satellite office.
- 2010 - In April, Banner opened a satellite office in downtown Vermillion, South Dakota.
- 2013 - Banner purchased Larson Engineering in Milbank, South Dakota. This becomes Banner’s newest location.