With assistance and coordination efforts from the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe Brownfields Coordinator, and Tribal officials, Banner’s Environmental group developed the Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Code, meeting the requirements of the Environmental Protection Agency and related Tribal laws and regulations.
Banner continues its support of the Tribe with the development of the companion permit applications for special and industrial wastes on the reservation. Other implementing guidance of the new code will be in the Integrated Solid Waste Management Plan, which will be updated on an annual basis. Banner’s team is proud to be a part of this project.
Project Goal # 1
Develop the Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Code and Plan for FSST
Project Goal # 2
Develop online permit application and training for FSST staff, stakeholders, and permittees, as well as assist the Brownfields Program Director in implementing all aspects of the new code
Project Goal #3
Assist the Brownfields Program Director in preparing presentations and training materials for colleagues in other Tribes, regarding the Brownfields and pollution prevention, and associated training with the program
- Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Code
- Integrated Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Plan
- Technical assistance for the Tribal Response Brownfields Program: Support and Outreach
- Brownfields and pollution prevention education
- Re-design website to include links to Solid Waste Code and Plan as well as the Permit Application documents